Hosted Microsoft Lync (a.k.a. Skype for Business) is an enterprise-ready, next-generation unified cloud communications service that connects people in new ways - anytime, from virtually anywhere.
Lync provides intuitive communications capabilities allowing you know who is available via the integrated presence indicators to send an secure IM (Instant Message), start or join a high-definition audio, video or web conference - all through a consistent, familiar interface. Lync is built to fully integrate with Microsoft Office products. Transform your interactions with colleagues to a collaborative, engaging, and effective experience.
- Presence Indicators - Hosted Microsoft Lync gives users real-time presence information-including photos, availability, and location.
- Secure Instant Messaging - a business-class alternative to personal instant messaging, conversations are stored in Outlook so users can view and continue their past conversations.
- Document Sharing - securely send documents to one ore more people by dragging and dropping them into your IM conversation.
- Conferencing - Lync makes it easy for users to create, moderate, and join pre-planned and on-the-fly audio, video, and web meetings with people inside and outside the organization.
- Desktop Sharing - During an online meeting, show your screen to everyone in the conversation.
- Enterprise Voice - Lync combines the telephony features of a traditional IP PBX with IM and conferencing to improve communication and lower costs.
- Outlook and Office Integration - Lync was built to work hand-in-hand with Microsoft Office for a consistent, familiar experience.
- Mobile access - The Microsoft Lync desktop client is available for Windows and for the Mac. There are Mobile versions are available for Windows Phone, iPhone/iPad, and Android devices.